History

lucy houstonAsuncion Christian Academy had its beginning in 1958 at the educational facilities of the Free Methodist Mission, sponsored by Free Methodist, Mennonite and Assembly of God missionaries. It began under the initiative of Mr. Frank Weins, with an initial enrollment of six pupils and with Mrs. Lucy Huston as teacher. In 1963 a Constitution was adopted and a Board of Trustees was established. From a teaching staff of one the school has grown to a complete program from pre-kinder through 12th grade.